Sleep Would Be So Nice Right Now...

Sitting here wishing I could fall back into bed, exhausted to a point of no return, I watch Bryson lay on the floor and cry because he can not eat food left out from last night's supper. He is so sweet and innocent and so doesn't understand why anything is the way it is. I can't help but stare at him adoringly, thinking of how blessed I am to have him and his brother in my life. As tired as I am, I always enjoy the short time in the mornings when Bryson and I are able to spend some time alone. The house is quiet, everyone else is asleep, and I am able to devote all of my time to him. We usually cuddle on the couch, me holding him under my robe keeping the two of us warm. It's a sweet moment and I love it!

I do, however, wish he could have slept another couple of hours today as I feel as though I just can't seem to get enough sleep these days. He's been fighting a cold for almost 2 weeks now which keeps him up half the night coughing and crying, which in turn keeps Mommy up. I'm definately feeling it today. I intended to take the boys to the library today but after nights like I've had, it's hard to get motivated to get up and get moving...UGH! Regardless of the way I feel though, someone has to keep this house running so I guess it's time to get up and start the day. My mommy duties are calling and I'm trying desperately to ignore them...:)
0 Responses